(push / push rotating handle)
It’s often not immediate and quite embarrassing try to guess how to open a door. Pushing or pulling it…
The affordance of an object is very important, gives the immediate “feeling” (partially unconscious) of what to do with it.
– The handle shape is peculiar.
– One side is a little peaked, the other is flat.
– According to cognitive psychology experiments I done with a prototype, there is a huge correlation between handle shape (briefly seen and touched) and the Push/Pull opening direction guess.
– Obviously, when you see and touch a FLAT surface you will PUSH, and when you feel/see PEAKED part you will NOT-PUSH so you will PULL.
Do you want to buy it?
Vote it and follow it on Quirky:
- PULL / PUSH – Affordance Shape
- Interchangeable / switchable handle side.
- sleek aluminum minimal design